Getting into a comfortable bed is often the highlight of the day and a big part of that is to ensure that you have the right bedding and the right mattress to use in the first place. Understanding the differences between a pillow top mattress and the Euro Top mattress is going to get you on your way to the best night of sleep that you’ve ever had. There’s nothing like sinking into comfort, so let’s talk about the differences between these two mattresses!
Euro Top Mattress
What is a pillow top mattress?
There are some defining features of a pillow top mattress, and these are as follows:
- A pillow top is a mattress with additional padding at the surface for extra-soft comfort.
- A pillow top mattress extends noticeably at the top and looks like there is a pillow sewn to the surface of a regular mattress.
- Because of the added padding, a pillow top mattress can be thicker than an average mattress and may require deeper sheets.
- Padding may be made from polyurethane foam, memory foam, latex, or batting.
- Also called a boxtop, a pillow top mattress is the softest mattress comfort level commonly available.
- Pillow top mattresses provide deep, enveloping cushioning, which sleepers can sink into.
- Pillow tops offer the qualities of a hybrid. If you like the idea of combining the classic feel of an innerspring mattress with the contouring ability of a memory foam, an innerspring pillow top may offer you similar benefits.
- Side sleepers tend to be most satisfied with pillow tops as they often provide softness for hips and shoulders.
- Less durable because they typically flatten out and become less pillowy after prolonged use.
- Support can be lacking for sleeping or sitting near the edge of pillow top mattresses, especially those with thicker tops.
- Euro tops (tops that are tapered near the edges) tend to perform better.
- Doesn’t offer much comfort to heavier individuals
Who is it for?
The mattress type is often recommended to side and back sleepers, who often prefer an extra padded feel. Generally, the mattress does not provide enough support for stomach sleepers. Innerspring mattresses are the most common mattresses to have pillow top options. Most pillow top mattress are “no-flip” and have only one padded side.
What is a euro top mattress?
As with the pillow top mattress, the Euro top has some amazing features, and if you’re looking for a luxury hotel experience, a Euro top mattress is the perfect choice for you. Here are some of the best things about it:
- Euro top mattresses are a plush combination of soft and supportive material, and they are also excellent for those who struggle with any sort of back or neck pain.
- Euro top mattresses tend to be firmer than pillow tops, and they are also stitched right in to the top layer of the mattress making them flush with the edge. So it looks like an extra layer attached to the top of the mattress.
- This creates a uniform appearance and makes all of the layers look as if they are one piece.
- Euro top mattresses are generally very similar to pillow tops, but they tend to be more premium when it comes to high quality materials and more technical design.
- With a Euro top mattress you will feel much more support towards the edges because the topper has a panel on the side of the mattress that makes it flush to the rest of the mattress and does not have a “flap” or indentation like pillow tops tend to have.
- Euro tops help reduce motion transfer. Traditional innerspring mattresses are not great at isolating movement, which means you’re more likely to feel when your bed partner tosses and turns at night.
- Euro top mattresses have above-average initial comfort. Tops that include memory foam tend to have above average (back) pain-relief potential and conforming ability.
- Euro tops are more likely to contour to the body and relieve pressure points.
- Euro tops come in all levels of firmness, which means the memory foam can be changed based on firmness preferences.
- It’s also important to note that adjustable firmness mattress such as luxury air mattresses work great with Euro Tops.
- Lastly, they’re more durable. On average Euro Tops last longer due to their unique design and edge support.
- Although Euro Tops have a longer lifespan than pillow tops, they still have a tendency to prematurely sag at the edges.
Who is it for?
Similar to the pillow top, this mattress type is often recommended to side and back sleepers, who often prefer an extra padded feel. If you’re looking for reduce motion transfer and better edge support , this is your choice.
Explore your options today
If you’re looking for a new Euro Top mattress, experiencing pain or believe a change of bed may help you to find relief, we can help. Natural Form® mattresses and adjustable beds are clinically proven to provide relief from pain conditions, and are particularly suited to those experiencing back pain. To find out more about the benefits of Natural Form® mattresses and whether they may be suitable for you, contact our friendly team of experts on (866) 550-2073 today.